Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Wireless Weather Center with the Bottomles Rain Gauge...

This cool "wireless" Weather Center I bought at Frys - I put the vane and wind speed and "wireless rain gauge" on the roof of our condo (lucky I am the President with keys to the roof).

It now works! Initially everything worked except for the rain gauge.

After missing a six inch downpour yesterday I checked it - and found I had inserted one battery the wrong way (I should have consulted with NASA on this one). Now I have an endless recording of total rainfall, wind, etc!


Note the very short video how the "bottomless rain gauge "clicks" as water passes through. The gauge converts it to inches on the weather center sitting next to my computer! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from real people welcome. The only comment rule is "BE CIVIL." Let's discuss SOLUTIONS based on real FACTS.

Thanks for your feedback! Click "Subscribe" or "Follow" for notification of future posts. Feel free to Share with your friends.