Sunday, June 17, 2012

Better Times Ahead on Father's Day...

I wonder how different my life would have been had I been a father, something that passed me by somehow.  HOW did that happen?

I know why. For me it was because I followed all that strict Catholic stuff I was taught and I was scared to death of procreating by accident - to the point it never happened at all!  Now at 62, the prospect definitely appears past tense. Sometimes I think I would have at least had a kid if I had not been so careful - and put things off too long.

Since I am a non-father my wallet is safer and I don't have to get mad that my son or daughter could be so stupid as to be politically opposite of me, or have me babysit grandkids 24/7 while they practice being self absorbed 30-somethings. LOL.

So I am using a quiet Father's Day to assemble and organize thousands of photos, a good way to remember fathers and mothers and the memories from our times together.

My photos are not the usual kind. They are quite different.  I have strange things people don't normally see, like the World Court in the Hague (in Holland, as in Europe, located on the Planet Earth) when I was on an international case that took me to Amsterdam and Brussels -- shortly after arriving I discovered that it was an international fraud involving players on 3 continents. Since the addresses I had proved to be phony, I wasn't sure if my life was in danger or not. I had to figure out how to complete the mission and survive.

Then I found some old photos of me standing next to small steel door that looked like nothing.

Yet it  probably one of the most interesting religious symbols to Christians - and it lies in Syria. The photo I am next to a small door half my size. It was the entrance early Christians used to enter their first Christian churches to worship without being killed by Rome guards.

Now that door is located in the BACK of a Christian church in Syria.  I was there before all the killing by Bashir Assad. I was there when his father was in control. I was on an international child kidnapping negotiation for a Texas lady whose teen daughter was taken to the Middle East without her consent (the story is in my ebook at the link). 

I am also sorting through all the Armor Glass shots and videos - from  remarkable tornado shots to how IKE stripped Chase Tower of its windows. 

Imagine: IKE was only a CAT 1! What if we got hit by a CAT 2 or higher?  Yikes. Our buildings are that that well built.  I am working on ways to share these photos but for now the best way to see them is to scan the Armor Glass blog to see what's happening day to day.

I hope everyone is having a great Father's Day!

If you would like to give him a new toy get him an eReader and a eBook to go with it. How about giving him "Better Times Ahead." It should make him feel better, considering the many trials the author went through!  The subtitle is: "Surviving a Lay off on a global scale." 

It's a true international adventure story which echoes what people are going through - and despite it all still succeeds. It provides inspiration and insight for people today.

You'll have to read it to see if I really did edit out any sex scenes! LOL

Come to think of it, I was single.  And there was that time in China on my entrepreneurial trip after getting laid off from the big company when I met this girl from Germany. She was teaching in Nanjing, the old capital of China....and her apartment had no heat.
LOL).
www.BetterTimesAheadAprilFool.com

Have a GREAT Father's Day and Great Week Ahead...Better Times Ahead!

For updates, click "Subscribe" or "Follow"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from real people welcome. The only comment rule is "BE CIVIL." Let's discuss SOLUTIONS based on real FACTS.

Thanks for your feedback! Click "Subscribe" or "Follow" for notification of future posts. Feel free to Share with your friends.