Thursday, December 27, 2012

Last days of a globally aware President?

I always thought "senior" Bush, George H.W. Bush, was a good decent man with true global knowledge needed to be President (his son didn't have that same interest or expertise unfortunately)...

Leaders like Geo. H.W. Bush attracted me to the GOP (enough so that I eventually run in three GOP primaries against Rep. Tom DeLay) but people like Tom DeLay Karl Rove etc drove me FAR AWAY....(That story is in my book "Better Times Ahead: April Fool?" in the chapter "Running Against the Hammer.")

George H.W. Bush hated campaigning because it meant saying nasty things about other people - he was honest enough to raise taxes even though it would cost him his Presidency after saying "read my lips." But he did it for the good of the country not for himself. It was those tax increases that set the stage for the surpluses under President Clinton.

I hope it is not the end for George Herbert Walker  Bush, but the inevitable day is coming, and perhaps very soon. When it happens I shall miss H.W. Bush, our former ambassador to China and President...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-george-bush-hospital-condition-update-20121227,0,2610558.story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from real people welcome. The only comment rule is "BE CIVIL." Let's discuss SOLUTIONS based on real FACTS.

Thanks for your feedback! Click "Subscribe" or "Follow" for notification of future posts. Feel free to Share with your friends.