Friday, May 3, 2013

Age Discrimination in Recession - Costly to America

PBS reports that those over 55 have the hardest time getting new jobs after a lay off.

 I went through that years ago--its documented in my book. I finally decided to start my own business because it was the ONLY choice to get income rolling again. That was the 80's and 90's. That hasn't changed from today.

What made me mad is that they were hiring new people for more money who had less experience than I did. Fortunately, a company can generate MORE than what a job pays. You do NOT have a salary cap. It's ceiling unlimited.

And you don't fall asleep like people with dull jobs do. As an entrepreneur, falling asleep is like driving while asleep. Bad things happen fast...it keeps your mind sharp.

Long term unemployed people are still good people with good skills who just want a chance. Never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from real people welcome. The only comment rule is "BE CIVIL." Let's discuss SOLUTIONS based on real FACTS.

Thanks for your feedback! Click "Subscribe" or "Follow" for notification of future posts. Feel free to Share with your friends.